13 December 2010

nice mud

dordrecht cx race heart rate monitor stats:
duration 56.20
heart rate max 193
heart rate average 183
1045KCal 15% fat
16.4km, 34.3max, 17.4avg (speed sensor was this weeks' bike upgrade)



aah dordrecht, the oldest city in zuid holland, population 120000 density, 1500 people per square kilometer. and just on the outskirts of town, cycling club drc de mol found the space to set out a great cyclocross course with plenty of nice winding singletrack, a bit of elevation gain and loss and mud, glorious mud. around 20 guys arrived for the A-Klasse, including some pretty fast guys meaning that 1st and 2nd place in the championship came in at 6th and 7th respectively. and I came in 8th :-)



last week in the snow it seemed like every time I pedaled hard I ended up sliding off the course, well that was my excuse at least for the average result, and hardly being tired after the race. dordrecht mud however seemed to be what my skinny hutchinson tires were designed for, I felt good, pedaled hard and was really really tired after the race. things are getting interesting in the overall points standings, and while this 8th place brought a decent number of valuable points with it, I stay in 11th place overall. 4 more races to go. until Saturday in delft...

1 comment:

Contributors