31 August 2006

life in between cycling

hi, my name is james and im a cycle-a-holic, its been a week since my last ride tho and it feels a bit strange... it hasnt only been the weather that has prevented me from riding, id have to admit there is an element of laziness, a general lack of motivation to train (ive realised that one really needs this in the absence of mountains and beautiful trails) and a thousand other things to do! Lets start with the thousand other things to do: I am studying a Masters at the University of Amsterdam! Signed up yesterday, start lectures on Monday! Feels like a bit of a crazy last minute decision, well not that crazy actually im pretty stoked that i can start straight away... So im going to be here for a year at least, which brings me to the general lack of motivation to train: Theres not much mountain biking here, but there is cyclocross! Now all i need is a cyclocross bike and a schedule of the races and bingo, motivation! But as with starting up in every new city there are a tonne of forms to fill out and queues to stand in, and jobs to find... ahem... jobs please..?!? Well after approaching anyone that looked like they would have me i now have two potential job opportunities, dont want to jinx either of them so post more about that later!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:10 pm

    what the...??! i like how you just slipped in "i'm starting a masters on monday". what are you doing it in? good luck with the job hunt. hope you don't miss the mountains too much! i'm not eactly sure what cyclocross is but i'll find out or guess! Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:08 pm

    oh ja, and buggerring around cycling does not count as a masters! you better get a job sonny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:54 pm

    He is doing his masters in.. "how to hide from the mountains because I got my arse kicked sooo hard in my last race that I am now too scared to mountainbike again so I am taking up cyclo-fag instead"

    ReplyDelete

Contributors