21 August 2006

which way do i point this thing?

What does one do when there are no mountains to ride one's bike thru? Race a road bike on a Criterium ciruit! So lets just say Im new to this game, road bikes, angry roadies, going really fast in the same gear for 2 hrs... Hmmm So its Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at the Sportpark Sloten in South Amsterdam for some roady craziness for me. Ive been twice and lets just say it hasnt been uneventful. I got shouted at by some guy before we had even started the second lap of a 3or4 minute course on Wednesday (still not sure what i was doing wrong). I ended up in the grass on the side of the track after clipping the back wheel (while drinking) of a muppet who clearly saw my weakness (being the fact that i was drinking i assume) and took the oppurtunity to overtake. But today will be different, I will learn how to go forwards in a peleton rather than backwards, and I will pedal harder... oh yes... pedal harder!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:21 pm

    agreed!pitch up on your mtb and see what they say then!our news: i came short with a pullupbar dislodging the other day.result, one nice scab on the bridge of my nose and much abuse from all. Louise was jealous of it so went and got an even bigger one in exactly the same place by stacking it royally in tokai. she's one tuff cookie ekse!oh, and i saw whop fall onto a nice big rock as he was trying to get out of his new spd's hehehe..so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:37 pm

    Ah my son there is much to learn yet! You cannot just pedal harder, you must pedal smarter and attack, attack and attack some more. They must be taught to bow down at your feet! If they do not want to show respect you must lead them to the pool of respect and make them drink from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:46 pm

    Wow what an exciting life you do lead! How am I related 2 u? You're so active and I'm well not. Anyway, if u can find time 2 pull ur arse off the saddle 4 5 minutes and email me please do so, my email address is the same (r2d2_m2d2_539@hotmail.com, i know what ur memorys like) that would b much apreciated (thats a hard word) anyway, lycra shorts are soooo not ur style, might want 2 try a new look. I have no more 2 say, email me soon nobsock.
    Much love,
    Emma
    (that cousin of urs u never speak 2)
    Mwah!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Contributors